Zombie101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We don't bite, but we're ready for what does!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting the home ready.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sinze1
Zombie Bait
sinze1

Getting the home ready. Empty
PostSubject: Getting the home ready.   Getting the home ready. EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 5:14 am

Things I think I would need to bug in. (some stuff I have....most I still need)

Diesel Generator

>500 gal tank of farm diesel.

Propane

extra chains for chain saw, hand saw.

Tools and extra parts for cars/trucks. Oil

At least 5 cords of wood. cut and stacked.

Matches, flint

Firearms. Several of the same kinds so you don't have to get a bunch of different ammo and you can use some of them for spare parts. Cross bow with several spare tips/arrows. Full body thick chink chain mail suit.(in case of close contact Z combat) Bullet proof vest for every member of family(in case of looters)

Base ball bats and other bludgeoning weapons.

Sharp weapons. fire axe, crow bar. Hunting knives. shovels

Several months supply of h2o. Also water purification tabs. Solar still.

Food for several months. MRE's, canned food (large jars of home canned food), Flour, rice etc.. Vitamins. Seeds for sustaining a garden. Fishing supplies.

Medications (for me anyway) At least a couple months supply which is hard to get. I figure if I take half the dosage, it will last twice as long. Then hope for the best after that. Random cold meds, aspirin, Tylenol

First aid supplies. Lots of Alcohol ( the isopropyl kind) Bandages, tape, Sewing supplies for wounds.

Soap. Soap making ingredients. Borax etc..

candles. candel making supplies, lamp oil

Sewing supplies for clothes

Tall sturdy, no-climb fence. Topped with barbed wire/razor wire all around the property.

HAM and regular wind up radios (plural)

Extra guitar strings

Wood covers read to go for windows.

ATV....A few horses.

Please let me know if i've missed anything. (i'm sure i have)

Back to top Go down
SoonerMykah
Lucky Surivor
Lucky Surivor
SoonerMykah

PostSubject: Re: Getting the home ready.   Getting the home ready. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:19 pm

I disagree with the firearms somewhat... its nice to have parts but I have several different guns and they all have different jobs. I am not going to be shooting a rabbit with a .270 or shooting deer with a .22. IMO... you have to have a couple different calibers and just keep spare parts. Spare parts are also a lot cheap then a second gun.
Back to top Go down
SoonerMykah
Lucky Surivor
Lucky Surivor
SoonerMykah

PostSubject: Re: Getting the home ready.   Getting the home ready. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:23 pm

The list looks good. IMO the most important supply is other able bodied people to help with security. You can't stay up 24 hours a day watching out. I believe its important to have a community effort for any bug in operation...
Back to top Go down
sinze1
Zombie Bait
sinze1

PostSubject: Re: Getting the home ready.   Getting the home ready. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:14 am

I agree that you should have multiple guns but just not a bunch of random guns. A few essentials and a few of each for parts. Also it would probably be wise to choose guns with popular ammo or get a set up for making bullets/shells.

I also agree with the people thing. I definitely wouldn't want to be alone in a ZA. So add some board games and cards to the list.
Back to top Go down
SoonerMykah
Lucky Surivor
Lucky Surivor
SoonerMykah

PostSubject: Re: Getting the home ready.   Getting the home ready. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Its always good to stick with NATO rounds: 9mm para. .556x45 (.223) 7.62x51 (.308).
And FYI... you can fire a .223 out of a .556 but not vice versa. same with the 7.62 and the .308
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting the home ready.   Getting the home ready. Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting the home ready.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zombie101 :: Zombies :: Preparation :: Defend Your Home-
Jump to: